Is the entrepreneur able to obtain funding for improving occupational health and safety?
The Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) has announced a competition for projects to maintain work ability throughout the entire period of professional activity, implemented in 2021 (Competition No. 2020.01).
The competition will select projects that will improve work safety, reduce the risk of accidents at work or occupational diseases and reduce the negative impact of harmful factors at work. Grant applications can be submitted from July 27, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
ZUS will contribute to this type of activities as part of its statutory tasks. These include not only the collection of contributions and the payment of benefits, but also accident prevention, i.e. prevention of occupational diseases and accidents at work. This can be done, for example, by improving the conditions. According to the Social Insurance Institution, a company may apply in the competition for co-financing of activities in the following areas:
- safety of technical installations, machines, devices and workplaces
- devices protecting against noise, mechanical vibrations and electromagnetic radiation;
- lighting of workplaces and workstations and protection against optical radiation;
- protection against electricity and static electricity;
- air purification and treatment devices, mechanical devices for air ventilation;
- equipment and devices to improve the safety of work at height, in depressions and other work areas;
- equipment and devices for reducing the load on the musculoskeletal system;
- equipment and devices to improve work safety in the event of exposure to chemical agents and harmful biological agents;
- personal protective equipment.