How to observe safety in transport and storage?
Before proceeding with the work related to the transport and storage of goods, the employee must receive the required training in health and safety at work, including job instruction.
It is the employer’s responsibility to issue detailed instructions and instructions on health and safety at workstations related to the transport and storage of goods. The instructions shall relate at least to:
- rules of movement on in-house roads
- the rules for the storage of m.in specify the location, method and permissible storage height for each type of material stored
- information on the permissible load on floors, ceilings and storage facilities
- rules on the movement of objects, in particular their weight and the position of the centre of gravity
- operating rules for used machinery and technical equipment.
Ifthe worker is employed in the use of power-driven carriageways, he must additionally meet the following requirements : when operating lift trucks with mechanical lifting drive, he must be at least 18 years of age and have:
- a qualification certificate for the operation of hand pallet trucks obtained on the basis of the provisions on the method and mode of checking the qualifications required for the operation and maintenance of technical equipment and the manner and mode of renewal of the qualification certificates, or
- the authority of the driver of heavy construction and road machinery or a book of the operator of work machines with an entry in the field of maintenance of lift trucks.
When operating other carriageways (i.e. without mechanical lifting drive), they must be at least 18 years of age and must have:
- a certificate of completion of the appropriate training for the type of carriageway, confirming the acquired skills, on the basis of programs developed or approved by the Office of Technical Supervision or until 1 January 2011 by the Personnel Improvement Centre in Myslowice, or
- hold a document establishing entitlement to drive motor vehicles or assemblies consisting of a motor vehicle and a trailer or semi-trailer obtained under the provisions on the issue of documents establishing the power to drive, or
- meet the conditions laid down for operators of carriageways with mechanical lifting drive.
The operator of the gas-powered trolley and the person replacing the cylinders in the trolleys should be trained in the safe use of the cylinders, including their safe replacement.